The best witch hazel toner helps remove excess oil, reducing inflammation, fade blemishes, speeding up the healing of scars, scabs, and infection.
Some brand combines witch hazel with Aloe Vera, cucumber and rose water to make a nourishing toner that helps reduce acne scars, minimize pores, sweeps away dirt, oil, dead skin cells and moisturize face skin.
Don’t go wrong with toner, here are the variations and best witch hazel toner brand you can buy.
1. Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel with Aloe Vera
BEST FOR: Fading blemishes and scars
USER SAID: I found that this formula was not too harsh or irritating to my skin. As someone with oily and acne prone skin, I decided to give this a try since the ingredients list is light and the price point is very reasonable.
Rose-petal water is exceptionally beneficial for anti-aging as well as calming, soothing and healing irritated skin. Most products with rose ingredients are super effective in treating irritated skin due to its anti-inflammatory response.
It’s a great antioxidant for your skin, which helps reduce free radicals in the skin which attribute towards aging.
Rose-water also acts as an antibacterial, which for acne skin, works wonders at deep cleaning the pores, reducing the bad bacteria that cause acne as well as tightening and reducing pore size. Rose-water also helps to moisturize and hydrate the skin.
Thayers Witch Hazel also contains grapefruit seed extract which acts as another form of antibacterial, antifungal and has antiseptic properties which are incredibly beneficial for irritated, sensitive and oily/acne prone skin.
I found that it was soothing, and not too irritating on my skin. It didn’t leave a burning or stripping sensation nor did it leave my skin feeling dry afterward. My skin felt tighter and my pores were visibly reduced and my skin felt softer.
DIRECTIONS: I would recommend for users to follow up with a serum and moisturize afterward. I do not recommend using this product as a stand-alone due to the fact that you need to add moisture back into your skin after using a toner.
Using any kind of toner without a serum or moisturizer after can cause overproduction of oil which can lead to breakouts. Overall, I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a gentle and light toner.
- Full of Vitamin C
- For collagen production
- Strengthening skin cells
2. Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner
BEST FOR: Refines pores, gently removing excess oil and dirt
USER SAID: I love this toner! Not only does my skin look very glowing, my pores and red areas disappear after a few seconds (though I don’t like how there’s alcohol, it never dry my skin). To work even better, put the product in the fridge till it’s nice and cool, then place it on your face, it feels so refreshing! I use this every day with my slight acne too in a small spray bottle to take anywhere.
DIRECTIONS: Use daily after cleansing or before applying skin treatments. Moisten a cotton ball or pad and apply to face and neck. For best results, use in the AM to prepare & PM to repair for naturally soft & beautiful skin.
- 100% all natural toner
- Oil-free, non-drying, for all skin types
- Trusted skin care since 1866
3. Beauty by Earth Facial Toner
BEST FOR: Sensitive skin
USER SAID: I have worse adult acne then the acne I had as a teenager. I can say that this product keeps my face clean and helps seal those pores up before I apply moisturizer.
My face feels refreshed and definitely doesn’t feel dried out after application. Using this product for only two weeks has cleared up my face almost completely.
The only issue is the black/white heads that are slowly but surely disappearing. But a face without pimples and red marks everywhere is a true winner to me. I use this product at least twice a day.
I use cotton rounds to apply and wipe any excess dirt, dead skin and any chemicals that could be in the water. I feel like this product is an absolute must have and if used correctly and patiently, there’s nothing else like it.
DIRECTIONS: Spray toner or apply with a cotton round, over the entire face, neck and decollete. While best used immediately after facial cleanser, this toner can be used morning and night, or for a fresh boost to your skin midday. Follow with serum and moisturizer or facial oil.
- Packed with Witch Hazel, Aloe Vera, Rose Water and Cucumber
- With moisturizing and anti-inflammatory ingredients
4. T.N. Dickinson’s Astringent
BEST FOR: Toner for oily skin
USER SAID: I was using a different toner but my acne seemed to be getting worse and my skin seemed to be more oily than usual. I knew about the benefits of witch hazel, but I was worried it might be too drying or might cause additional irritation.
But I’ve had no issues with this product.
My skin is starting to clear up and it sucks up the excess oil. Just remember to always moisturize your skin, every single day, even if you have oily skin. I use the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin and my skin is starting to look so much better! The smell of this product doesn’t bother me at all – I don’t find it overpowering or unpleasant.
I use this once a day, after washing my face, before applying my moisturizer or any serums. I’m really glad I purchased two bottles since this hasn’t caused any skin issues, but has already drastically improved my skin!
- Cleanses and Conditions Skin without removing essential moisture
- 100% All Natural
- Containing Alcohol 14%
5. Quinns Witch Hazel Rose Petal
USER SAID: I have been using this twice a day after washing my face as a toner product before applying my other skincare products. It does a good job at controlling oil, but it does not have a harsh smell like any other witch hazel astringent products.
What makes me most happy about this product is my very sensitive skin has not reacted or broken out to this in the month I have consistently been using it. My skin feels great and looks supple.
- The unique formula is leaving the active witch hazel within to act as an all-in-one cleanser, toner & moisturizer, suitable for all skin types, on any face.
6. Amara Organics Balancing Toner
USER SAID: I love this toner. I’ve noticed my skin tone evening out, getting softer, smoother, my deep wrinkles are lessened on my forehead & between my eyebrows. My skin has gotten clearer.
I have found the magic combination that works for my 48 yr old skin. I also spray it behind my ears because I tend to break out there too & that cleared up literally in 2 days of using this toner, I will add tea tree oil after as well after it dries. It feels good using all these healthy ingredients on my skin & seeing the results fairly quickly.
I know that I’m getting the exfoliation I need along with the deep absorption of all the great ingredients, which is key in keeping your skin youthful.
- 100% natural blend of Witch Hazel, MSM, Vitamin C, Aloe, Neroli, and Glycolic Acid balances and restores skin
- Alcohol-free spray hydrates, shrinks pores, and balances pH without drying
- Perfectly preps skin and increases the absorption of serums and moisturizers
7. Maple Holistics Pure Witch Hazel Toner
1. I have cystic acne and had never used toner before. I also have very sensitive skin. This toner not only keeps my skin clear and my oil under control, but it doesn’t irritate my skin either!
2. As a former makeup artist I have used many toners over the years and this is by far my favorite. The lavender is refreshing and the aloe vera is calming to the skin. It completes my cleansing routine by removing all traces of makeup and dirt without drying my skin. In the am I splash water on my face, pat dry and finish with Pure Witch Hazel Toner. You’d be surprised at the impurities that appear while sleeping.
- With antioxidants and vitamin A & E to nourish and protect skin
- Reduce redness balance pH unclog pores and remove makeup
- Control oily skin and remove dead skin and impurities to reveal brighter skin
- Improve varicose veins, wrinkles, uneven skin tone & irritated scalp
- Aloe Vera & Lavender ensure skin is hydrated not dry and tight